Lansdowne Football Club (LFC) is committed to making Rugby Football accessible and open to everyone who wishes to be involved in the game. We, as a club, recognise the importance of, and are committed to equity, diversity, equal opportunities, fair treatment and respect to all involved and employed in our club.
We shall achieve this by upholding the principals of equal opportunity in every aspect of the work we do. We support the development and implementation of practices that do not discriminate.
The Management Committee of LFC fully supports this policy and is responsible for its implementation and periodic review. Everyone involved in sport has a personal responsibility to meet its requirements.
Scope of the Policy
LFC recognises its responsibilities in respect of ensuring that its policies and procedures benefit not only its members but also the local community and will ensure that it engages with local partners and organisations.
The Management Committee is responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of the Policy, but the success of the Policy depends on the commitment of all the members and employees.
The Management Committee is also responsible for establishing equality indicators and for devising and implementing positive action plans where appropriate.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out our commitment to and further the work with regard to equality, diversity and inclusion. It also outlines our targets setting out the mechanism for implementing monitoring and coordinating progress towards the achievement of our policy objectives.
- To raise awareness of equality through sport.
- To continually monitor the club’s activities and action plans.
- To adopt a planned approach to eliminating barriers which discriminate against target groups.
- To ensure that no one attending the club receives any less favourable treatment than anyone else.
- To demonstrate good practice, working collaboratively with community partners.
- To value diversity, commit to equality, provide dignity and respect and sport for all.